Spring Softball registration is now CLOSED.
We now have South Charlotte Rec Association SOFTBALL Fan Wear!
Fan wear will be available to purchase this weekend 2/17-2/18 during evaluations.
Men's and youth hoodies:
- Men's Hoodies $25
- Youth Hoodies $20
Men's and Ladies 1/4 zip jackets: $30
Men's, Ladies and Youth T-shirts: $15
2/17/2018 - Evaluations:
- 8U Evaluations 2/17/18 at 10am, OPE Field 4. Rain Date: TBD
- 10U Evaluations 2/17/18 at 3:00pm, OPE Field 4. Rain Date: TBD
- 13U Evaluations 2/18/18 at 3:00pm, OPE Field 4. Rain Date: TBD
Week of 2/19/2018 - Practices begin for 8U, 10U, 13U.
3/10/2018 - Practices begin for 6U
3/14/2018 - Game schedule for 8U, 10U, 13U released by CharMeck (www.charmecksoftball.org)
TBD - Challenge Team Tryouts
3/17/2018 - Games begin for 8U, 10U, 13U (12-game schedule)
4/13/2018 - Games begin for 6U Softball
5/12/2018 - End of Season (EOS) Tournament begins for 8U, 10U, 13U
Spring 2018 Challenge Tournaments:
SCRA will try to field a Challenge Team in each age group if possible. Challenge Teams will be determined by tryouts. If SCRA is unable to field a full SCRA Challenge Team, combining with other CharMeck Association(s) will be considered.
Fee and Tournament Dates: TBD
Summer 2018 All-Star Tournament: Fee and Tournament Dates TBD
- Description: 6U is for girls aged 4-6 (Girls must be 6 or under as of December 31, 2017) who are just beginning to play softball. The basics of the game are taught, focusing on the fundamentals of throwing, catching, hitting and running. Hitting is done from a tee for beginners, and as players progress, they will learn to hit pitches thrown by a coach. Games are played against other all-girl 6U teams from other nearby CharMeck Softball Associations. The games are played with an emphasis on learning and development to prepare players for the 8U level of play. Games are not scored, though outs are recognized to reward good defensive play.
8U Softball - Girls born between 1/1/09-12/31/10.
- Practice: Practice will be held Monday/Wednesday at 6pm. Once games start, practice will be scheduled at coach's discretion.
- Games: Games may be played on Monday or Wednesday at 6pm or on Saturday. Game times TBD.
10U Softball - Girls born between 1/1/07-12/31/08.
- Practice: Practice will be held Tuesday/Thursday at 6pm. Once games start, practice will be scheduled at coach's discretion.
- Games: Games may be played on Tuesday or Thursday at 6pm or on Saturday. Game times TBD.
13U Softball - Girls born between 1/1/04-12/31/06.
- Practice: Practice will be held M/W or Tues/Thur at 7:30pm. Once games start, practice will be scheduled at coach's discretion.
- Games: Games may be played on Tuesday or Thursday at 7:30pm or on Saturday. Game times TBD.
Uniforms & Equipment
Uniforms: SCRA provides jersey, belt and socks.
Effective Spring 2018, Softball pants will no longer be provided by SCRA. Please purchase solid WHITE girl's/women's softball pants. Softball pants fit more snugly than baseball pants. Expect softball pants to be fitted, but not constricting, with the hem falling below the knee.
Required Equipment: softball glove and helmet (with cage) and either face-mask or mouth guard (for playing in the infield)
Recommended equipment: Rubber cleats and an ASA-approved softball bat. Metal cleats are not allowed.
Special requests including coach requests, teammate requests, and carpool requests unfortunately can no longer be honored. In order to build fair and balanced teams SCRA Softball is no longer able to honor special requests.
Interested in Coaching?
We greatly appreciate our volunteer coaches and we are always looking to develop coaches in addition to our players. Once again, we would love you to consider head coaching. Volunteering is a fun and rewarding experience that you’ll never forget, and one you’ll probably want to come back for, season after season. Bring your experience and knowledge, your love of softball and your passion for working with kids. Please email us at:
if you’d like to volunteer.
For more details on the Rec, Challenge, and All-Star Programs please visit: www.charmecksoftball.org
Questions? E-mail SCRA Softball Commissioners Allison Lachowitz and Todd Pash at: